About: Trisha & Sil
Recent Posts by Trisha & Sil
A: A juicy question we are often asked! Our position on this rather debatable topic is that as long as dairy works for you and the quality of the dairy is high (i.e. from grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle or organic) then enjoying reasonable portions of full-fat dairy will have more health benefits than the non-fat varieties. Dairy...
Bursting with disease-fighting nutrients such as Vitamin E and folate which help ward off heart disease and cancer, and carotenoids which help promote eye health, this guacamole is a must-have addition to your nutritional arsenal!
(makes approx 2 cups)
The flesh of 2 ripe avocados, roughly mashed
1 lime, juiced
Q: Are nuts fattening?A: No way! Unless we’re talking about the commercially-roasted, salted kinds. You see, besides being packed with fibre, protein, and many disease-fighting antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, raw, unsalted nuts are health-promoting super fats. They’re high in heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fats and Omega-3 fatty acids which are necessary for neurological and cardiovascular health, not to mention key to fabulous hair, skin and nails! Plus,...
Recent Comments by Trisha & Sil
- December 8, 2013 on Craving the holidays – Part I
- December 2, 2013 on Craving the holidays – Part I
- November 4, 2013 on Autumn Harvest Soup
- August 21, 2013 on Decode your Cravings Series: Redefine your Inner Sweetness – Part 2
- August 13, 2013 on Decode your Cravings Series: Redefine your Inner Sweetness – Part 2